SEC. 1605. LOCAL APPLICATIONS.
- (a) IN GENERAL- Each local educational agency or consortium of local educational agencies desiring a subgrant under this part shall submit an application to the State educational agency at such time, in such manner, and containing such information as the State educational agency may reasonably require.
- (b) CONTENTS- Each such application shall —
- (1) identify the schools that are eligible for assistance under part A and plan to implement a comprehensive school reform program, including the projected costs of such a program;
- (2) describe the comprehensive school reforms based on scientifically based research and effective practices that such schools will implement;
- (3) describe how the local educational agency or consortium will provide technical assistance and support for the effective implementation of the comprehensive school reforms based on scientifically based research and effective practices selected by such schools; and
- (4) describe how the local educational agency or consortium will evaluate the implementation of such comprehensive school reforms and measure the results achieved in improving student academic achievement.